Thursday, December 9, 2010

my birthday present to myself : early beginnings

what better way to celebrate it than to loathe my most recent spat of bad decisions causing astronomical pressure in my cerebral cortex such that my scope of movement limits me to my bed. not that i had planned to roll out of it much before the afternoon today anyway. just that i had hoped to enjoy more of it. maybe with some rolling around in it, some sweating activity, followed by relapses of sleep. only to be repeated again and again. alas, it is good to have dreams.

with all that technology has traversed since i was first born some 3 decades ago, perhaps the greatest single advancement has been what we can pack into little tiny pills. thank goodness for their fast acting relief and proliferation in the market place. i find that i am only too happy to pay the hundred fold increase in mark up to benefit from the pain relief. i am free to make that stupid decision again and again. i know the mixing of different strong alcohols will end this way. well, not ALWAYS this way. sometimes it is worse. sometimes my whole system decides to clam right up and i end up writhing in agony, using a toilet for my sustenance to life. but all the knowledge in the world can't help me avoid my star pattern! a sagittarius can try to avoid the need for variety, but like a vampire in the night, the allure of tasting something different is simply too strong to resist. beer, tequila, vodka, liqueur, rum, different beer, different vodka, gin...in this way i am the spitting image of my sign. even knowing the predestined end result.

when my self inflicted wound has finally subsided in its efforts to dominate MY day i find my desire to bask in my narcissistic gloating too overwhelming to ignore. for, truly, isn't the celebration of a birthday nothing more than a conceited fluffing of one's feathers? i log into my facebook account and into my email to receive all of the accolades provided in my name, if only for being born once upon a time. finding enough of substance of the manner provided by some imaginary place we all exist in, without ever stepping foot into : cyberworld i continue on, being motivated enough to check, as i do daily, for signs of the impending doom of our civilization. by logging again into the grande scope of the internet addresses of news sources and twitter i find nothing to point me towards the coming of the book of revelations. or anything like an armageddon. save for a reference in the globe and mail talking about vbite's plan to take on mcd's for heavyweight kingpin in the dominance of fast food. never heard of a vbite before? well, that is because there is barely such a thing. a single establishment exists which is oddly enough closed during this winter season. i imagine that mcdonald's is shaking in it's greasy booties in fear. the reference to the coming end times? that'd be this : "With experts at this week’s Climate Change conference in Cancun warning of impending food shortages and surging food costs". but who listens to experts anyway? didn't they claim we had started down the road to irrepairable damage of our earth by man's billions upon billions of footprints? but all those lawyers who make up the scope of our politics have reasoned for us that "this couldn't possibly be. or maybe it couldn't possibly be. and even if it were perhaps a chance, we could likely still alter this so called self genocide. and if we might conceivably fail at our own salvation, well we are but puny lil beings on a great wide earth. the earth could possibly correct any damage on its own. therefor lets just continue as we do and let what may or may not be one day deal with itself"

so, i sing along with some of my most favorite songs ever and give to myself one more gift, that of a new blog. one to write about what ever the fuck i want to write about. but mostly my own perception of what is important in this world (read, MY world) which will likely consist of music, show reviews, photos of said shows, and my skewed version of reality today. happy day of birth to my blog. Dec 9, 2010.

music i have been enjoying as of late includes : broken bells - self titled, crocodiles - sleep forever, black mountain - wilderness heart, gayngs - related, kele - boxer, klaxons - surfing the void, soulsavers - broken, the sunshine underground - nobody's coming to save you, and finally tricky - mixed race

1 comment: